Looking to provide beaver-based resources for your community?
We can help.
Community Resources. Contact us to learn about these resources and "how to's" available through the Cooperative:
- Community focused outreach materials on:
- Informational booklets about beavers
- Attracting beavers to your property
- "Barnyard Solutions" informational handouts for addressing problem beaver situations
- Community workshops on establishing BeaverHOODs, beaver exclusion devices and more
- Creating a community nursery to expand riparian, beaver food cuttings
- Field trips to view first-hand beaver managed floodplains
Project Resources. We also provide guidance and resources for your beaver habitat projects and planning:
- Beaver inventories/surveys and trail camera monitoring
- Technical assistance around establishing BeaverHOODs (providing What Beavers Need to Succeed through beaver food establishment and BDA/PAL type solutions)
- Techniques for high-volume riparian planting to ensure survival in arid landscapes
- Low-cost, quick win solutions to get your work started
- Creative funding solutions for your projects
Watersheds...or "Water Catchments"?
Watersheds of long ago - before Euro American trapping and settlement - functioned more as water catchments, slowing and capturing and rainfall and snow melt through beaver works naturally abundant on our high desert landscapes.